The respiratory department is staffed by experienced licensed respiratory practitioners. The department also provides cardiology procedures.
The cardiology department performs the following procedures.
- Emergency care and resuscitation.
- Emergency therapy treatments and ventilation.
- Oxygen therapy.
- Ventilation including standard ventilator care and noninvasive ventilation.
- Respiratory stabilization including the use of many types of airways
for airway control and safe transportation.
- Nebulizer therapy with a variety of therapeutic medications.
- MDI use and spacer training.
- Sputum induction and effective cough training.
- Patient training and participation with physical therapy
for multidisciplinary pulmonary rehabilitation.
Diagnostic testing includes:
- Complete pulmonary function studies.
- Arterial blood gas with co-oximetry.
- Pulse oximetry including six-minute walk and oxygen qualification
- Holter monitor.
- Cardiac stress test, simple and complex.
Complex cardiac stress tests (lexiscan and other tests)
are performed in conjunction with nuclear medicine.
Please email us with any questions.
Back to top »