Sleep Center at Ed Fraser Memorial Hospital
Accredited through the American Academy of Sleep Medicine (AASM), the Sleep Lab at Ed Fraser Memorial Hospital is staffed by registered sleep technologists experienced in diagnosing and treating individuals with sleep disorders. The medical director of our lab, Dennis Sorresso, MD, holds two sleep board certifications and is a member of the AASM.
The Ed Fraser Memorial Hospital Sleep Lab accepts patients 12 years or older and offers both in-home and in-lab testing services.
- Polysomnogram (PSG).
- Polysomnogram with CPAP titration.
- Split night studies.
- CPAP desensitization including PAP-NAP.
- Multiple sleep latency test.
- Maintenance of wakefulness test.
In-Lab Sleep Test
An in-lab sleep study will provide the most complete evaluation of your sleep patterns. You will be required to stay overnight at the Sleep Center at Ed Fraser Memorial Hospital.
Our in-lab sleep study records heartbeats, breathing and brain waves while you sleep. We also record eye and limb movements and blood oxygen. This data helps our specialists diagnose sleep conditions and assists in development of a treatment plan.
Home Sleep Test
A home sleep test (HST), also called an unattended sleep study, is typically used to diagnose obstructive sleep apnea. Patients participating in a home sleep test will be assigned a device that measures:
- Nasal airflow – measurement taken by thin nasal cannula placed under nose – sensors look like an oxygen nasal cannula.
- Respiratory effort – elastic belt bands fitted across the chest.
- Pulse Oximeter – a small clip-like device that attaches to the fingertip and assists in the measurement of oxygen levels in the blood.
Request an Appointment
If you have been referred by your physician for a sleep study, you can discuss which option is best for you and schedule an evaluation by calling the admissions department at (904) 259-3151 Monday through Friday, 8:30am to 5:00pm. The admissions department cannot schedule an appointment without a physician’s order.
Back to top »
Take our sleep assessment »