Our speech pathology department provides comprehensive testing and remediation of a variety of communication disorders in children and adults. The speech pathologist works with patients toward maximizing their quality of life through improved communication.
- Cognitive rehabilitation for post-stroke and head-injured patients.
- Address aphasia (difficulty understanding and or expressing language).
- Communication enhancement for patients with motor speech disorders (Parkinson's, ALS, MS, post stroke or head injury).
- Dysphagia treatment for individuals experiencing difficulty swallowing. Symptoms can include coughing during or after swallowing, choking on food or liquid, the sensation of food getting stuck in the throat, pain during swallowing and shortness of breath while eating.
Children/Adolescent (5 to 18 years) Services
- Addressing expressive and receptive language disorders or delays (difficulty understanding and using language).
- Addressing articulation and phonological disorders (difficulty with speech sounds).
- Addressing pragmatics (social communication).
Please email us with any questions. To schedule an appointment for physical, speech or occupational therapy, please call 904.259.3151 ext. 2243.
Back to top »